Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sweet lullabies and sharpie decor

Avery has a great personality. Really she does. Last night I woke to Audrey's 3 am screamfest (we are trying to get her back to sleeping through the night after a week of travelling). Our method of getting babies to sleep through the night is to let them cry it out (criticize if you must, but my other two are AWESOME sleepers). Because Avery is such a sound sleeper, she will usually sleep through Audrey's screams four feet away in the crib beside her.

Not last night. Last night she woke after 4 minutes of "get under your skin" screaming, went over to Audrey's crib and sang to her in the sweetest voice. "Before the Throne of God" is one of my favorites and I sing it to all my babies before they go to sleep. So precious. Then I guess she got tired and went back to her bed and fell asleep. Audrey continued to cry for 10 minutes and then fell asleep.

The not-so-darling Avery did a little "Sharpie Decor" all over my bed!
I think this is supposed to be me and CalebYeah, that is definetly me- look at my grumpy face!

11 comments:

Cassandra Raney said...

that is hilarious!!! i am so gonna have to show kyle when he gets home from work! i just love that she drew you and caleb on the pillows... too stinkin' cute!!!

Unknown said...

hey Tyne,

I found your blog through Michelle Webb's. I don't know if you remember me, but we went to A&M together - Cheryl McGlothlin. Anyways, I wanted to say hi and ask briefly what it's like to have 3 kids 3 and under??? We have a 22 month old and a 7 month old and I am wondering if we should try for a third, but most people think we are CRAZY!! If you have time, let me know. :)

Thanks,
cheryl wimberly

Tegan said...

I am laughing so hard right now. That is priceless! Oh and if it makes you feel any better, we let ours cry it out also...and guess what, he's an awesome sleeper as well. It took two nights of 45 minutes of crying and he learned to fall asleep on his own. Best thing I've ever done. Did you read Babywise?

LeeAnn said...

LOL!! Maybe a lot funnier from where we sit than from your perspective :)

It looks like she has some creativity, it is in her blood so I am not surprised

MichelleW said...

Tyne, I love your blog! Especially the last several posts - I had to tell Micah about that one horrible day you had and about asking Caleb if he wanted you to save the poopy too. I laughed so hard! We're having our baby here in Bangkok, that's why we had to go to Hong Kong (to get extended Thailand visas) and then come here. The hospital here is nice and has doctors that have worked in America and can speak English (much more appealing than the hospitals in our country). Hope you are doing well!

Rachel Wilson said...

Sweet, caring, artsy, and a little sassy.. hmm.. i wonder where she gets that from?

Katrina said...

That is hilarious. What did you do???

Vashey Fam said...

Oh Avery! I've never seen a kid color faces on the pillows! Yep, me thinks she got the creative gene. Hey, I sold Aquin! Thank her please for the great name! If she has any other smashing names, then let me know. What would she name a beaver?

Amy A. said...

That is hilarious!! You are cute as a sharpie drawing!

andrea poehl said...

okay..i am laughing my bootie off. hadn't checked in lately & what fun it is reading all your posts. i am in hysterics! makes me wish you were in CS so we could have wild & crazy playdates with our 5 lil hoodlums. miss you!

Simply Shannon said...

That's really cute and funny- though I suppose not so much when they're your sheets.