Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

One of the Countless Reasons

My Dearest Caleb,


I really miss you, and there are countless reasons why...


I miss the sweet way that you love and serve me.

I miss you bathing and putting the kids to bed at night.

I miss hanging out and watching TV with you.

I miss you reading me the Bible before I nod off to some chapter in Leviticus.

I miss laughing with you.

I miss you cleaning that horribly disgusting highchair.

I miss you rubbing my feet.

I miss you helping me with all of these darling children we have.

I miss your mouse removal skills.


Please don't ever set a mouse trap before you leave town. I can handle the kids, but this, my love, may send me over the edge.


I hope you are having fun in Houston while I am here with these four little ones and Jerry the mouse.
**After consulting many of my girlie, girl friends, this is the best solution to mouse removal:
~open the garage door, so as not to waste time while in the presence of the mouse.
~get an old dish towel that you are ready to part with and cover up that nasty thing, so you don't throw up a little when you look at it.
~get a broom and a shovel (don't use your dust pan, or you may never clean again), sweep the towel, the mouse and the trap into the shovel.
~carefully run like heck through the garage, out the door, and throw everything into the back alley- shovel, dishtowel, mouse and trap.
~run like heck back into the garage and close the door as fast as you can, before it is resurrected and runs after you seeking revenge.
~inform your husband that there is a little something in the back alley that he will need to deal with when he returns.

16 comments:

Elyse said...

Caleb left the mouse behind the couch just for you I bet ;) Love the new header...they are all PRECIOUS! Can't believe how fast they grow! Have a great weekend and hope you find no more mice!
~Elyse~

Unknown said...

Oh, no! I am glad you got some good advice on how to get rid of the dead mouse :)

And I hope he gets home soon, too--you will need a great foot massage when he gets home :)

amanda said...

no no no no ... please tell me that's not a real mouse!!

oh friend i am cringing over here!!

CC said...

ewwwwwwwww! I hates me some mice!

Erin said...

Ok you had me rolling!!! Seriously there could not be anything worse than a tiny little mouse. I turn into the biggest sissy when there is one in my presence.

I really appreciate that you posted the advise of your friends because I have always resulted in calling someone else to do the "dirty" work. Even my sister-in-law who is not a baby like me removed one.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That's some good mouse removing hints!

Hope your hubby returns home soon!

Erica said...

LOL, that is too funny about mouse disposal! I would freak if there was a mouse! So sweet you miss your hubby! I know I don't realize how much mine does until he's not here!

Vashey Fam said...

Ooo-gross! Sorry about my brother leaving you such a sweet present.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a good plan to me! I once had to pick up a dead bird when my husband was out of town. I'm still traumatized by it!

Unknown said...

This is so funny to me because mice are totally on the brain around here lately since my son is crazy for them right now. He would think it was so cool if we caught one, humanely of course! Hope your man has come home to help you with your little problem!

Miss Lisa said...

Ewwww...we had a mouse once. I actually took the kids and we left the house lol. I was even going to get a hotel room until Mike got this electric trap that got it right away.
Hope you got rid of it OK!

Amanda said...

Oh dear!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the mouse is gone from your home, but I don't think an animal suffering is anything to joke about !

Colette S said...

Gosh I woulda freaked too about that mouse in my house. So glad you made it outside.

I hope your love makes it home soon!

Carol said...

Oh my.

Hurry home Caleb and deal with that mouse.

I could so picture you discarding it just like described.

Laural Out Loud said...

I love the mouse removal ideas that your friends gave you! It really is the best way to handle a dead mouse when there's no one else around.