Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Remembrance and McFace

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. 1 Peter 2:24

~I am so thankful for the wonderful reminders of Christ’s death and resurrection that I have encountered this week.

~I am planning on making these with my kids on Saturday night to help them better understand what we are remembering this Holy Week.

~What are some of your favorite activities to teach your children about the Easter Season?

~Sorry for the lack of fluidity in this post.  It is what a mother of young kids does- shifts from important and eternal to random.

~I have been wanting to rename my blog for months now.  I can’t come up with a name. 
There’s something about having “White” for a last name that seems kind of limiting.  For example, Caleb wanted to name his business, “White Financial Services.”

Nope.  That just doesn’t sound very PC and Equal Opportunity.

Then he suggested that I name my blog, “Whites in the Sticks.”  You know, because we are all backwoods around here.

So I settled for “Life in the Sticks,” and made this banner.

 

3 spring '10 McFace

Would anyone like to guess why McClaine’s head is so big?  It is because I am just learning how to switch faces in Photoshop, and I am struggling.

Maybe I should name my blog “McFace”.

Or maybe I should just keep practicing and be satisfied that I have ONE photo in my whole collection with all four of my children looking at the camera!

~I pray that you and your family would have a blessed Easter weekend as you remember the great gift of God through His Son.

~I also pray that for those of you who don’t know the Lord, that your hearts and minds would be transformed by believing that Christ died for the sins of the world.

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

1 comment:

The Rowland Crew said...

We made the Easter Story cookies for the first time last year. Adding it as a family tradition now - such a great activity for the kids - even if they don't really like the finished product and won't eat them. Go figure. Hope your face is feeling better!