Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

From the Rearview Mirror

Ten hours.
Three children.
One puppy.
570 miles.
One pregnant mom with a bladder being squashed by a life-carrying uterus.
2 stops.
2 DVD screens.
Lots of movies.
Lots of junkfood.
A week to recover.

This is why you haven't heard much from me.

From the rear-view mirror I could see the finger lodged up her nose. But she was quiet, so I didn't correct.

From the rear-view mirror I could see the Ninja feeding Latte fruit loops, but he was giggling, and dog was chomping, so I didn't correct.

From the rear-view mirror I could see little one gnawing on Barbie hair with glee, so I didn't correct.

From the rear-view mirror I could see the 85 degree tropical Mexican suburb transforming to the rolling hill country, and transforming again to the tall pine trees and red, orange and rust maple and gum tree leaves.

Turn up Robbie Seay Band and drive baby, drive!

We are here. We are loving time with Oma and Opa. We miss daddy.

12 comments:

Elyse said...

No biggie about the gift card. Mail it when you have time. I knew you were travelling so its no biggie. Love the rear view mirrow post!
~Elyse~

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Love the perspective! Hope you have a great visit...and daddy gets there soon.

Anonymous said...

"Rearview Mirror" pretty much sums up my life too. :)

Wanted to recommend a book for you if you don't already have it. The Miracle of Me. It’s written from the unborn baby’s perspective about how the baby grows and develops. Great child-friendly tool for explaining fetal development for families. Uses in-utero photography and rulers/scales so you can the baby’s progress. I got it to read to my daughter but have a soft spot in my heart for it myslf. A must have, for sure.

Miss Lisa said...

I know just what you mean--we are thinking of doing the big drive to Ohio at Christmas--I love watching the changing landscape but not so much the action in the backseats ;)

Have a great time :)

Super Hungry said...

It was such a treat to have you all stop by CS on the way to the grands. Yes it was crazy to have 4 kids who were at times naked, 2 dogs, and 3 overwhelmed adults, but it was a blessing nonetheless. hope thanksgiving is awesome.

Anti-Supermom said...

I love that you could see this all in your rearview mirror - you didn't use your eyes in the back of your head for this trip, huh?!

Have a great time~

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Sounds like your car trip went better than expected! Smart move on not correcting those little things. I like your new header. Cute!

Unknown said...

What a cute post. I love what you saw from the rearview mirror! Glad you are having a good time...

BookMamma said...

Items in the mirror are closer than they appear... :)
What a great memory-making journey! Be safe and godspeed... I'm thankful for bloggy friends like you!

Katrina said...

Tyne, I am missing your daily posts! I hope you are getting lots of shopping done and relaxing :)

Anonymous said...

You only stopped twice in 10 hours?? Get this woman an award!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving. ~Whitney

Carol said...

I can't believe you did that trek alone with three kids. Glad you all made it one pice and with your sanity intact.