Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Counting my blessings...One year at a time

I turned 31 on Monday and it got me thinking... Have you noticed that elderly people are either extremely joyful or cranky? Knowing that pure joy is a fruit of the Spirit, I am convinced that it comes from a thankful heart- remembering the great things that the Lord has done and continues to do. So I want to give thanks to the Lord for the COUNTLESS blessings He has given me- 31 years worth (in no particular order)!
1)Another year and great family and friends to celebrate with
2) I have been forgiven! Because of Jesus' death, I have eternal life
3) A rockin' husband who loves me more now than he did when we first married
4) I love him more now than I did when we first married
5)Avery


6)McClaine
7)Audrey8) Alone time for mommy

9) Foot massages almost every night from Caleb

10) A great mom and dad who taught me so much about how to be a good mommy

11) Sushi dates with Jode and Tracy

12) 4 starbucks gift cards I got in the mail from mom

13) Hand me downs from my aunt Janice (anybody else have an aunt who shops at Express, Gap and Banana Republic?)

14) God's awesome provisions (groceries, diapers and playgrounds from church friends)

15) Flowers in my backyard- in FEBRUARY 16) A birthday tiara and a "Tiffany's" Cake
17) A new niece coming in a couple weeks

18) Lost and Grey's Anatomy complete seasons on DVD

19) God's heart for the nations (and that He put that desire in me)

20) The amount of food that my son consumes

21) Audrey's sweet personality and the fact that she sleeps well


22) Blogging and a way to keep up with my family far away

23) A good dishwasher, washing machine and clothes drier

24) Caleb's communication skills

25) My dance costumes from when I was young, the fact that my mom kept them, and the fact that Avery wears them now

26) God's awesome provision of a PLAYROOM that contain the toys and allow sanity for me!

27) Friends that pray for me and a God who answers

28) Really awesome in-laws, that I REALLY love and appreciate

29) God's awesome provision through a group of women who are blessing our family with monthly funds so.....

30) ...I can quit my job at PF Chang's and do what I love- raise my kids!!!

31) Sibling love between my kids (I love my brother Ryan, too)- check out the video:

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Tyne, this post inspired me to do the same! Love your heart for gratitude. What a joy to read!!

MichelleWebb said...

Hi Tyne, I've been reading your blog for a while now - maybe since Audrey was born. I still get your emails. Thanks for posting on ours - it's great to know there are people out there reading it :) Your family is so beautiful and I'm always encouraged by what you share. Love, Michelle Webb