Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

When the Lord Comes in Glory, Will He Help Me with My Laundry?

Today, nearly two weeks since my last post, I am feeling overwhelmed by the wonderful ministry that the good Lord has bestowed upon me. I have sincerely pleaded with Him countless times today to "have mercy on me."

Be certain that I love the job that I have, and I would not trade for a second the kisses and giggles and chubby legs and wondrous moments for a desk job, where I question whether or not I am making an impact on eternity.

But today I have repeated in my heart and from my mouth, at least thrice, the verses:

Matthew 11:29 & 30.
"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I love the Lord. I wonder if at any time He will come down in a flood of glory and help me to potty train McClaine, or kiss Audrey's boo boo, or burp Reece at 4 am, or answer one of Avery's dozen "why" questions, or fold the 12th load of laundry?

That's just how I am feeling today.

On a different note, God is proving His faithful provision as He provided tenants for our house in Colorado! Thank you, Lord.

For those of you that really only know us in bloggyland, here is where a portion of my stress comes from-
~mid-April our house in Weslaco went under contract
~mid-May our house in Colorado was rented out
~later that week Caleb quit his job, in the midst of a economic recession, and in faith takes a completely commission based job, in the finance sector
~the day after, our tenants in Colorado broke the lease
~early June we move our family of six to East Texas and move in with my in-laws
~mid-June, three days before our closing date for our Weslaco house, the buyer's financing falls through

In case you are struggling with my timeline, in the middle of June, we have four children, no income, two mortgages and a VERY generous Oma and Opa.
~we did have some money in savings, but planned on using some equity from our Weslaco house to help for a couple months while Caleb got going on his new job, we weren't anticipating having to carry two mortgages.
~so, the beginning of July, our buyer got approved for financing through another bank and we closed on our house in Weslaco... AND at the beginning of August, God provided tenants for our house in Colorado.
~Caleb's new job is ROCKING and Oma and Opa continue to be very patient, loving and generous to our family!

Where have I been for the past two weeks?

Sunday night, we finished up our last summer road trip, and made a 584 mile trek home from the gorgeous Ft. Davis Mountains, where we enjoyed the annual Bloys' Camp Meeting.

And I really did have 12 loads of laundry. And as of now, the good Lord has not come to rescue me from the mounds of clothes, so more on our week at Bloys' tomorrow!

6 comments:

Elyse said...

Lordy, Lordy woman! 12 loads of laundry?! WoW...! I am so glad HE provided with his mighty hand and that you guys can rest {a little} easier now!
~Elyse

LeeAnn said...

Yay Yay Yay for God's provision of renters!!!! Great news, I can't wait to hear about this years Camp Meeting :)

Love you and miss you!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

God is awesome...I'm so glad things have started to turn around for you.

Unknown said...

I'm glad things are going well and you have less stress over the house issues. We are still waiting for our house back in TX to sell and two mortgages is NOT so great. Prayers for us both! : )

And yeesh, that's A LOT of laundry. Your post title made me laugh...

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

I love to read things like this because I am really, REALLY struggling in my walk with the Lord right now. I mean, Heaven and Hell struggle. It lifts me up tremendously to read this and helps me wash away the doubt and fear.

Thanks for sharing this.

PS...I'll try to get better about coming by.

Patois42 said...

Just remember, He was focusing on making sure the washer kept working.