Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Exactly What I Wanted for My Birthday

We spent the whole day yesterday making Valentines for Avery and McClaine’s Valentine’s Parties at MDO today.  I was so delirious after all the cutting and pasting and stuffing that when I went to post about the whole experience, I actually had it set in my mind that today was Valentine’s Day.  So if you got a confusing post in your reader, please disregard.

Iit is actually a much more important holiday today- my birthday!  Ah, blessed 33 years.

When I came down in a hurry to get the kids ready for school, Avery looked at me with the most wondrous smile and said, “God gave you a snowstorm for your birthday!”

That is exactly what I wanted for my birthday.

That and a cancellation for MDO and 25 personalized Valentine’s that I suppose we will hand out to friends on the 15th!

But nothing says, “happy birthday” like watching your kids play in the snow, a reminder of my youthful years growing up in the snow drifts in Vail, Colorado.

 February '10-2

February '10 070-1

February '10 072-1 

February '10 069-1

We did it up right!  East Texas style.  Growing up as a snobby Vail kid, I could never understand why Texans didn’t have Spyder and Descente ski wear when they came skiing.  They were always in jeans with plastic leg warmers and camo jackets.  The reason, I have discovered in my transformation to East Texas Country Bumpkin’, is because you just don’t need fancy ski clothes here in the back woods!  A Carhartt coat is quite sufficient for the one snow storm we get, every three years.February '10 066-1  February '10 077The real redemption in the birthday snow was the fabulous French Toast that Caleb made me for breakfast.  Topped with fresh blueberries, caramelized apples and the perfect champagne powder of confectioners sugar!   February '10 058

Even if you are not a fan of French Toast, you really must try this recipe by Rachel Ray.  There is sugar in the egg batter, so when you fry it up in rich wonderful butter, it gets a sugary, buttery crust that is AMAZING.February '10 059-1

I am so blessed and thankful for the remarkable 33 years that the Lord has given me.  He has blessed me more than I ever could have imagined and I give Him the thanks and praise!

10 comments:

The Griffin Family said...

What a precious birthday!!! You are so blessed!

I'd love to take you out for a bday coffee one night...just let me know when a good time for you would be.

:) Kat
**Alex's party is cancelled for this Saturdy and rescheduled for the 27th. FYI :)

McKay said...

Tyne, you are so delightful! Happy Birthday!! Glad you enjoyed the snowstorm Texas style! I'll have to solicit you for warm clothes for South Dakota one day...

And I am almost dying for French toast now - I may just make it tomorrow here in Costa Rica to help earn my keep at the family's house! Yummy!

LeeAnn said...

That looks like a wonderfully tasty way to start your birthday :) I may start Jeff's 33rd that way!

Hope the rest of your day is special

Miss Lisa said...

Perfect birthday! I hope you are enjoying the snow :)
I have a french toast recipe that uses maple syrup in the batter (Ok I made it up lol) the sugar sounds very good :)

Unknown said...

Sound and looks like you had a great birthday! You were born on the exact same day as Kim at Prairie Mama, she's also 33 today. Check it out!

http://prairie-mama.blogspot.com/2010/02/and-then-i-was-33.html

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Patois42 said...

Happy happy happy!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Tyne!!! Looks like a fun way to celebrate! :)

thecarterfamily said...

Hey Tyner :) We just tried this recipe for breakfast and it was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Page said...

Hey Tyne - I'm bummed I missed commenting on your birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderfully beautiful day and felt so celebrated and loved! Enjoy 33 - I hope it's the best yet! :)

Mandy P said...

Hey there, girly! I can't remember if I told you this or not, but I gave you an award! Stop by my blog to see. It's in the post Entiledf "I'd like to thank the Aacademy..." =)

We are buried under snow here...not lovin' it one bit, either.

~Mandy