Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

It was posh. Period.

 

   Every girl needs a girl friend that she can just let loose with and enjoy the finer things in life.  Like a spa getaway. 

Meet Adrianne.May 2010 110-1 copyThe first time I met Adrianne, I was a new believer in Christ in college and I was at her house with her roommate, Kate.  We exchanged a few words and she continued on her way, catching the rhythm to her dance tunes as she hopped on her treadmill that was inconveniently located right next to the couch that I was sitting on.  It was the first time that I had really interacted with Christians that actually cared about their faith and incorporated it into their daily lives.  Such were she and Kate, and I found them pleasantly odd, but cool.  Kate and I sat on the couch after a stroll to her apartment following classes,  and as Adrianne paced on her treadmill, Kate asked if I wanted to pray with her.  Aloud.  This was strange to me as I grew up in a pretty liturgical church where we didn’t really pray with others unless it was before a meal.  But I went with it.  I also found Adrianne to be very interesting for someone who proclaimed to be a Christian.  She didn’t seem uptight and legalistic, in fact, she had just finished an internship with MTV in New York.  So I also sheepishly accepted her wink and smile as she scurried out the door, late to her marketing class on West Campus.  And as she hurried out, she handed me a little booklet that said, “Have you made the wonderful discovery of a Spirit-filled life?”

Why no.  No I hadn’t.  But I am glad I did- and thanks to Kate and Adrianne, my life would never be the same.

Fast forward twelve years.

You can imagine my excitement when the lady that taught me how to walk with the Lord, and allowed me to be her matron of honor a month after she was my maid of honor, and happened to have her two kids at the same time I had my first two kids, asked me to hang out with her for a relaxing weekend in Dallas- I WAS ELATED!  Heck yes, I want to hang out with her and pray with her and learn from her and fine dine with her and go to the pool with her and enjoy spa treatments away from my darling children with her.  Heck yes! may 20102

We stayed at The Joule Hotel in Downtown Dallas and it was super posh.  The collage above shows the lobby, the street view and the standard room The two pictures on the right are from their night club that we hit at 8 pm.  Needless to say we were the only ones there!  We also got to check out the penthouse suite.  This is the picture of the private deck and the Dallas skyline.May 2010 123-1 copy The penthouse suite has hosted some real celebs, Martin Scorsese, Michael Jordan and Britney Spears.  Lovely as it was, we decided not to upgrade to the suite after we heard that Britney stayed there!

May 2010 124-1 copy The first night we went to the Dallas Fish Market and it was awesome.  I love any chance I get to have great sushi.

The next day we slept until 10:30.  10:30 people.  This is a record for me- I probably haven’t slept that late since before I was pregnant with Avery.  When we woke up, we opted against the $33.00 bowl of Wheaties from room service and headed to the Urban Market and Cafe for French toast, eggs and bacon.  There happened to be a Starbucks on the way.  I love it when life just works out.

Later we had massages and then we dropped by the pool.  It wasn’t much of a drop, since it is on the 10th floor of The Joule and a portion of the pool is hanging over Main Street.  It boasted deluxe cabanas, gorgeous views and superior poolside service complete with cool, wet towels and frozen grapes.may 2010

This is the view from the pool.  Crazy.We were starving after basking at the pool for hours on end, so we hit the Dallas Chop House for dinner.  Oh.  My.  Word.  That place is so amazingly delicious.  Bacon wrapped prawns on a bed of jalapeño jack grits and a steak that was cooked to absolute perfection topped with Maytag blue cheese infused butter.  So good.  may 20101We thought about checking out the night life, but since it was only 8:30 and we were both stuffed and exhausted from our utterly relaxing day, we decided to put on our pajamas and watch Dear John on pay per view from the luxury of our posh beds!   God is so good and I am so very thankful for the blessing of friendship and someone to share fancy weekends with! 

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Ya'll look gorgeous, what a fun weekend!!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fabulous weekend and you SO deserved it Tyne! I'm a little jealous you were in Dallas (I do miss it so...) but I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy yourself with such a wonderful friend! And you both look so beautiful.

jOni lAnE said...

i could use a nice cabana right about now...looks fabulous. so glad you got to relax and enjoy some good fellowship.
smiles,
joni

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

Looks lovely!

Kelly

Vashey Fam said...

Tyne you made me cry! I am so so glad you are my sister in Christ as well as through marriage. I am so so glad you had that weekend. You look so lovely, posh and relaxed!

Tegan said...

Everyone needs to have a posh weekend every now and then!!!! Looks like you had a blast!