Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Be Still My Heart, Those Daffodils are Blooming Again

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I know it is extremely challenging to see the daffodils in the background when your eyes are captivated by those freckles.  But take note, the daffodils are in bloom.  We headed to Mrs. Lee’s Daffodil farm a couple weekends ago and since I didn’t charge my camera battery, my sweet friend, Crystal, who came along with her children, let me borrow her camera.  And I am so thankful, because it is no small task to pull the spring clothes out of storage and have four coordinated outfits put together for four incredibly active children who really aren’t much interested in posing for a camera.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Oh wait, never mind!  How cute are they?  And I must say that with a little presto chango from my pal Photoshop, these pics turned out pretty stinkin’ good.  Be of good cheer, those of you with a little point and shoot, you can do wonders with Photoshop!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Pioneer Woman has some fantastic Photoshop Actions that are free to download.  If you are not a Photoshop guru, she makes it so simple with the click of a button.  On the top three photos I used her “boost” action.  It helps to crisp up those grey dull digitals and gives them a boost of color.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Rita, over at the CoffeeShop Blog, is awesome.  Her blog is packed with tutorials, photoshop actions, textures, frames, storyboard templates and so much more- ALL FREE!  She is so generous.  Most of the photos below are edited with her actions.  This photo of Avery and McClaine is edited with the Moody Pop action.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         This group shot is edited with Butterscotch Vintage

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This picture taken outside of this old log cabin at Mrs. Lee’s Daffodil farm is edited with PW’s Old West Action. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         This is CoffeeShop Blog’s Denim Action

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is CoffeeShop’s Attic Vintage. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Yeehaw!  More Butterscotch Vintage.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And this is PW’s Sepia (I can’t find the link, sorry pals)OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Another Butterscotch Vintage.  Can you tell I like Butterscotch Vintage?OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is PW’s B&W Beauty.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         This is CS’s Autumn Glow.  Pretty cute, huh?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         And this shot of my four little darlings (the best group shot of about 60 taken) is edited with CoffeeShop’s Splendor Black and White Action. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Alrighty, enough of all that photo and editing chat.  Let’s get back to my friend Crystal, the one I referred to before I went on a long dialogue about my love for butterscotch action.  When I transferred to Texas A&M, the Lord was kind enough to put a very sweet and godly lady in my life named Crystal.  Really, she is just a gem, encouraging and edifying and fun all in one.  She taught me so much about the Lord when I was a young believer and really helped me in my walk.  Though we kept in touch somewhat during college, after we graduated we parted ways and I couldn’t track her down.  Even with the awesome finding power of facebook, a married name often makes it tricky to find someone.  But have no fear, God can reunite people in ways that Facebook cannot!  I took my youngest two to a grocery store that I RARELY visit to buy some groceries for Caleb’s grandma.  I passed that familiar friend once in the canned vegetable aisle and did a double take.  Then in the dairy aisle we looked at each other and immediately she said, “Tyne, is that you?” while I simultaneously said, “Crystal???”  It was so fun to reunite with someone who was so such a treasure from my past.  She and her family recently moved here and had been praying for the Lord to provide some friends and fellowship.  I had also been praying that the Lord would bring a sister into my life to edify and sharpen me in my walk with the Lord.  It has been such a blessing over the past several months to meet with her and get to know her family.  Her sweet kids are the ones that are in the photos above with my kids.  What a kind way for the Lord to show His love for us both!

Oh my, I found a couple photos that I missed:

This is CS’s Vintage News. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         This is edited with  CS’s Attic Vintage Action. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         This group shot is edited with PW’s Heartland Action. OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And lastly, ‘cause I am tired and just want to sit on the porch with a blowpop, is edited with CS’s Simply Vintage Action.   OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I would love to know if you have any tips on photo editing with Photoshop.  Do you have any favorite blogs that have great FREE actions?

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Love that hat on McClaine! Such fun pictures :) I really hope we make it down for a visit in the spring someday, I think Jeff would love spring in E TX